Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How do you step from the top of a 100-foot pole?

How do you step from the top of a 100-foot pole? The answer: you don’t! At least nobody in their right frame of mind would.

Well, in the metaphoric sense sometimes all we need to do is close our eyes and just let it all go (says the girl who’s afraid of the future). Things are always easier said than done, but life is about taking risks. That 100-foot pole is our challenge in life. I know that it is my challenge. You do remember that life is never easy? What would it be without a few twists and turns?

We obviously climbed to the top of the pole, all that’s left to do is take that very small step and leave everything up to chance. Besides, I bet the view is good from up there.

“I definitely need to use my chances when they come because definitely there won’t be many” Roger Federer. Just try to imagine if he didn’t take that small step.

2 comments:

  1. A very interesting concept for stepping off the top of a 100-foot pole. Life is definitely not easy and if it was it wouldn't be life. So sometimes you do have to take that small step into the unknown. You can't live your life been scared of not knowing what lies around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your way of thinking. I have a different perception, but I it is always good to hear something different.

    I agree, we must face our challenges otherwise we will not reach our goals. And to walk away from the challenge, we are walking away from our mission. If you don't have a mission in life, why do you live? We must challenge the 100-foot pole. And without the 100-foot pole, life would be boring.

    ReplyDelete