Thursday, April 23, 2009

What is the colour of the wind?

The wind has no colour. You can imagine the various colours the wind could have been if it were a colour. Would it have been aggressive, powerful and dangerous like the colour red? Or would it have been blue, tranquil, confident and loyal?

I think it would have been the latter, cool and calming. I imagine myself in an open green field, the smell of fresh grass in the air (the best smell in the world). The bright yellow sun is not too hot; it’s a dazzling spring day. All I feel on my skin is the cool, spring breeze. Now isn’t that just heavenly? The colour blue, tranquillity at it’s best.

Then again, I live in Cape Town. What would my great city be without the Cape Doctor; the fierce South-Easterly that blows all my troubles away? Aggressive and powerful.

1 comment:

  1. I would like the wind to be pink :(. Blue is so boyish! What does the aggressive and powerful traits of the wind say about your great city?

    ReplyDelete