Thursday, April 23, 2009

We are afraid of the wrong things

Not many people know this (and I am about to share this with the whole world, yikes!), one of my biggest fears is the dark, especially being alone in the dark. So many things come out during the blackness. Maybe I’ve just watched one too many horror flicks.

Seriously though, what should we be afraid of? Snakes and everything that crawls? Just thinking about it makes me quiver. How about the future? It is quite daunting; no matter how well we map it, nothing ever goes according to plan. Suppose that’s what they call ‘Murphy’s Law’.

My future is my fear. Is that the wrong thing to be afraid of? I think not. How many of us can say with absolute certainty that you are not afraid of what the future holds? We know what we want, we know how we’re going to achieve it, but will it actually happen, even if we work our asses off? The future will always be a mystery, but what I do know is that whatever I do now, in the present, will definitely impact my future.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think you should be afraid of your future Azra. You have the power to determine how your future will turn out, be positive and reap what you would like to sow. the universe can only give you what you ask for. Work hard and reap the benefits. why fear the future when you have control of your destiny?

    ReplyDelete